a little bit about...
Ralph Whitehead is a London based portrait, fashion, fine art photographer and darkroom experimentalist.
Ralph’s work is atmospheric, mysterious and dreamy with an emphasis on mood over fine detail. Through extensive research and experimentation with materials and chemistry he has developed a style that is uniquely original and can and speaks of a different side to the fashion story.
He is also interested in abstract photography and has exhibited work across London and has published a book ‘technicolor dreams’ that featured in the artist book fair at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Arts.
For all enquiries, portrait commissions, editorial work or print sales please contact
- SHED London: "Alchemical Portraits" 05-31 May 2017
- Rich Mix: “Photomonth photo open” 02-26 November 2016 (group exhibition part of Photomonth East London Photography festival 2016)
- Fazenda UK: “Urban Reflections (Light Echoes)” 01-31 October 2105 (part of Photomonth East London Photography festival 2015)
- BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art: Artists book fair 05-06 December 2014
- Rich Mix: “Photomonth photo open” 06-31 November 2015 (group exhibition part of Photomonth East London Photography festival 2014)
- Gallery320: “Light Headed” 04-31 October 2014 (group exhibition part of Photomonth East London Photography festival 2014)
- London Analogue Festival: 12-14-September 2014 (group exhibition)
- Fazenda UK: “technicolor dreams” 04-January-04-February 2014